First, the quotes of the week:
"And Goldilocks, in a snug bodice and platform heels, gives the impression she has been sleeping in everyone’s bed." (New York Times article about skanky Halloween costumes)
"I'm dying to see some creative misuse of free tacos." (Kottke)
"One of the things I've used on the Google is to pull up maps." (President George "n00b" Bush)
Here other some other good things to read, even though they don't lend as well to the 'crazy out-of-context quote' form of presentation:
- America's Most Fonted has been referenced on the Wikipedia entry for Comic Sans, which I like to think makes me a respected voice in the Comic Sans-hating community.
- Even though it is a blatant rip-off of my Senatorial web pages series (as an alert commenter pointed out), this gallery of "The Worst Political Web Sites" is still pretty funny.
- Nerds will like this graphic representation of the digits of pi.
- Have you heard of face blindness? I thought this article was very interesting.
- From Radar, this article comparing handbags to horror villains is hilarious.
- Six-word science fiction stories.
- And the new record for highest Scrabble score is . . .
- Check out Neighboroo for a cool look at the demographics in your area.
OK kids, that's it for now. I'll be back tomorrow or Monday to show you my Halloween costume.