"This Week In Internet" is early (again) this week because a) I've already accumulated a crapload of links this week; and b) I have something else to post about tomorrow. Hope your clicking finger can handle the early onslaught.
This week's theme: "Things That Make You Go . . ."
". . . Awww"
- The Mitch Hedberg Random Quote Generator. It's neat because it combines his classic jokes with some things that presumably came from live shows, so even the most hardcore Mitch fan will probably find something new. The first one I got, for example, was " I'm gonna take the money I make for this gig and buy a Dr. Pepper beltbuckle." (via Fimoculous)
- A tiny horse! (via Fark)
". . . Huh?"
- 12-year-old bartender. (via Fark)
- "Pregnant" Man Fined in Court (via Fark)
- " 13 Things That Do Not Make Sense." Kind of a dense read, and some of the explanations are impossible to read without your eyes glazing over, but a couple of them are neat. (New Scientist)
". . .This Will Change the Way I Approach Every Decision in My Life!"
- Got a problem? Let Tekken Decide. I had chicken battle spaghetti last night to decide what I would have for dinner. (via Linkbunnies )
". . . That Was Sort of Neat"
- This website posts "assignments" like " Record the sound that is keeping you awake" and "Make a paper replica of your bed " and has people upload their responses. Good timewaster just reading them, but let me know if you actually do one. (via Buzzfeed)
- 10 Years of Friends in 90 Seconds. The one guy does a pretty darn good impression of Jennifer Aniston's voice. (via Linkbunnies)
- The 100 Greatest TV Catchphrases list has been making the rounds this week. (via Fark); also, EW lists some they missed.
". . . That Didn't Fit the Other Categories"
- A lot of blogs picked up on this NYT piece talking about how people sign their e-mails. I used to agonize over this but now I end all work e-mails with "Thanks," and all personal e-mails with just a "-Lauren." Apparently the latter is a little bit abrupt for the manners expert quoted in the article, but I can deal with that. Anyway, I enjoyed reading some of the comment threads related to this to see other people's takes. The Lifehacker one in particular was interesting.
- Was Colonel Sanders a real colonel? (Ask Yahoo)
- This is totally a copy off of something some blog did earlier this year, but I can't find the link. Anyway, this topic always makes me laugh. I'm just waiting for the day Cathy Addison-Weemer shows up on a Valtrex poster. (via Gawker)
- FYI, Jaleel White is 30. (Entertainment Weekly)
- Project Runway without Tim Gunn? They wouldn't! ( Entertainment Weekly)