This is such a common problem, and I am so glad it's finally getting the awareness it deserves:
268 entries categorized "Links"
- Twitter account of the week: @TextsFromMyXes. (thx, mayor)
- Important: Cats That Look Like Ron Swanon (thx, Em)
- This Toddlers & Tiaras GIF wall will reprogram your brain.
- The results of these ESPN polls are great. WTF is up with Idado? (thx, Matt)
- Wait, did Donald Duck basically invent Inception? (Em again)
- Celebrities that look like Muammar Qadafi: there are a few.
- These baby vulture photos are incredible--that thing is CRAZY looking.
Above: Capybara enjoys hot spa shower. Not sure how the science works, but something about watching water pour steadily onto a zenlike overgrown rat will solve every problem in your life.
In honor of the holiday, here's a highly educational post I wrote on President's Day five years ago. Thanks to Kelly for reminding me that it existed.
Attention, anything that can be described as an "elegant, simple, and adorable way to tranform yourself into a giant:" consider yourself as good as linked to by yours truly.
Infinite corgi swing. Need I say more? Like, ever?
One of the reasons I enjoyed the whole Watson thing on Jeopardy! last week was because it brought Ken Jennings back into the media again. Here is a great little piece of commentary he did for Slate about the experience.
Slideshow of the Best of Breed picks at Westminster. Link goes directly to a little cutie whose feet you can almost hear pattering across your screen.
Above, Eddie the koala eats an apple. Easily the best video of the week.
Slate takes on the important issue of why women are always freezing.
The Wikipedia entry on toilet paper orientation, with its 100+ references, is a true joy to read.
This video of a fox licking a window is going to make you laugh. I promise.
Word of the day of the week: ambisinister.
Thing That Needs to Be Real of the week: Arrested Development Clue board game.
- The Top 100 Blogs of 2010
- The 30 Funniest Onion Headlines of All Time
- The 50 Most Loathsome Americans of 2010
Assorted kitties and other animals:
- Cat doesn't understand Tupperware!
- I would call this a metaphor for life, but none of us look that darned cute while perpetually jumping at the proverbial doorknob of life. (Wow, you can really tell how sleepy I was when I wrote that sentence.)
- King of the jungle!
- I can't tell if this situation makes me jealous, or kind of grossed out.
Rando discovery of the week: Devon Sawa is on Twitter.
A list of common Android annoyances and how to fix them.
This story about the creation/history of Oregon Trail is in my "to read" folder. Haven't gotten to it yet, but passing it on in the belief that it can't not be good.
These Pantone cookies look kind of amazing.
Did it really take the internet this long to mash up Willow Smith and Devo? I feel like this kind of stuff should appear instantly.
Word of the day of the week: concupiscible.
This Week in Internet: I Want to See a Documentary About a Baby Drinking Grapefruit Juice in an Oven Chair While Watching 30 Rock
Just a few links this week:
Ebert's Best Documentaries of 2010. I really need to go tend my Netflix queue.
Every 30 Rock Character from Least Funny to Funniest. I don't agree with the ordering, but it's worth a look.
. . . As did this special, animated Cyanide & Happiness strip.
Yes, you can now file "oven that's actually a lounge chair" in the "things that exist" folder.
These kinds of things just sprout up when you leave the internet to its devices for a while.
- Dog steals sled
- Injured turtle + wheels = cayooooot
- Pug vs. volleyball has a great ending
- Overly concerned kitty
- Grizzly bear and a bucket. More, plz.
- Kitten sees herself in the mirror for the first time
- FYI: Hairless guinea pic = tiny hippo.
- . . . And here's a cow that looks like a panda. Causewhynot.
Enjoy the weekend like you're a '90s kid trapped in an eternal repeating cycle of one awesome dance move.
"Nearly 20,000 camels from the UAE and other Gulf Arab countries have converged on Abu Dhabi’s western region for one of the world’s biggest camel beauty contests involving prizes worth nearly $9.5 million."
Wait--one of???? Oh, yes. Later in the article: "Camel beauty contests and races are among the most popular events in the Arabian Peninsula, along with falconing and other desert activities."
BRB, researching camel beauty pageants (and "other desert activities").
This cool Christmas tree is made out of books, which also means it's made out of . . . other trees.
xkcd is always funny, but this one made me laugh extra hard.
40 Photos of Dogs Freaking Out in the Snow. Be sure to check Pancake Breakfast tomorrow for one more dog in the snow!
Chinese archaeologists uncover 2,400-year-old soup. Sounds delish!
Oh--here's a bison riding in a car. NBD.
Britain's ugliest dog is the ugliest ugly dog I have seen in a while.
Lastly, I do not think I can overstate the cuteness of this video of a ladybug playing with sprinkles: