There are so many things about this story (about a parsnip that looks like a witch) that make it Great Journalism:
1. Headline: "The Root of All Evil"
2. The picture of the man and his parsnip
3. The fact that a parsnip made the news at all
5. This quote: "Brian . . . has grown veg (veg? WTF, Britain?) for five years. He said keeping a parsnip was a 'bit odd' and it could still end up on his plate or even in a broth." Well gee, I'll have to make sure I catch the follow-up article, when we find out the thrilling conclusion.
6. The part after the article where The Sun asks, "Who does your veg look like?" and solicits reader responses.